This feature allows you to create a persistent messenger menu for your page.
What is a persistent menu?
- It’s a menu accessible through messenger that gives you a set of predefined options to select from and predefined responses to those options.
- Here is an example of a persistent menu:
- Click on the hamburger icon to open the menu:
- Select one of the options. If there is an arrow at the right, that means that there are more nested options that will open upon clicking this:
- Since the above option was a nested menu, it opens up more options.
- Clicking on the first option yields a predefined response. In this case it is “Hey!":
- Clicking on an option can also redirect you to a webpage:
How to create a persistent menu?
- 1. Go to the persistent menu section by clicking on ‘Persistent Menu’ from the sidebar:
- 2. Select a page that you want to create the menu for:
- 3. Click on the first menu input box and type whatever you wish the user to see:
- 4. Click on add submenu to add a nested submenu option:
- 5. Click on the submenu input box and type whatever you wish the option to be named:
- 6. Click on Create New Message to create a predefined response when the user clicks on the option:
- 7. Create the response. Select one of the components, and then click on save after you’re finished:
- 8. You can also edit the response later by clicking on Edit Message:
- 9. To add another submenu option, click on the first menu again:
- 10. Select add submenu:
- 11. Name the option and then click on Set Web Url to have the option redirect the user to the given url:
- 12. Type the url you want the user to redirect to and then click Done:
- 13. To add another menu option, click on the ‘+’ icon next to the first menu (Note: only two menu items can be added): It’s not necessary that you have to follow these exact steps. You can mix and match the steps from step 4 onwards to create a menu that’s more suitable for you.