3 SEO Tips that can help you rank higher
Whether you run an online business and have any sort of online presence, the hardest part is to get people to your website. Getting your website to rank higher on Google can be incredibly hard. However in this article I will tell you three simple and effective SEO tips that you can start using now and improve your Google search rank.
Focus on quality content
The number one and the most important thing you need to do is make quality content. Over the years Google’s bots have become very smart and with their “humming bird update” Google prioritizes content that is very thorough and is of high quality. Don’t just put out content that does not add any value. If you do that you will be not only wasting your time but your readers time as well. If you right good quality content you will have way more engagement from your readers. Google will notice that and I will start giving higher ranking to your content. Google wants to show useful and relevant content to it’s users. If your content is liked by users and it grabs their attention, it is highly probable that Google will reward you for your hard work.
Here are few guidelines that you can use to create high quality content:
- Keep the language simple and concise.
- Use graphs and visuals to show facts and data.
- Add high quality images/GIFs to your content.
- Be very thorough and write in-depth details on the topic you are writing about.
Optimizing the title and description
You need to have a good title and description for your content. Make sure that your title and description actually reflects what your content is about. A good idea is to write the article first and then give a title and description based on the summary of the entire article. Following this simple tip will make sure that your title and description are always relevant to your content. NEVER use click baits in titles. Its just not a right thing to do specially if you are trying to build a brand. It really annoys people plus a click bait will attract irrelevant audience to your content and they will immediately leave your page once they realize that your content is not relevant. This will signal Google that people are not interested in your content and Google will penalize your page by decreasing its overall rank. When you are creating content think of it as building a relationship with your audience. You want to have a communication channel with your target audience where your audience have trust on your brand. Here are some guidelines for creating good titles for your content:
- Make sure your title contains the keyword that you are optimizing for (e.g if you want to get higher rank for the search term “Online Dating” make sure you article title contains that term)
- Sometimes including a date in the tile can help you get more clicks e.g if you are writing a tutorial on Photoshop, you can have a title like “Adobe Photoshop tutorial [Updated in 2018]”. This will let audience know that they will be getting the most latest and relevant tutorial on Photoshop and not the once that is outdated.
User experience is probably one of the most important factors which can determine the success and failures of your SEO efforts. Clear UI which good quality graphics can attract the attention of your readers and keep them engaged on your website. Vector illustrations, info-graphics can spice up your content. Also make sure you optimize your web pages for mobile devices as well. Majority of the search traffic that Google generates comes from mobile these days, therefore it is very important that the overall user experience of your website remains consistent and high quality on mobile as well. There are several steps you can take to improve your user experience on mobile devices as well:
- Make sure your website is responsive
- Create Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) so that your pages load faster on mobile devices. (You can check out further details about AMPs from here: https://moz.com/blog/accelerated-mobile-pages-whiteboard-friday)
- Make sure your fonts are easy to read on mobile devices.
- Make sure that navigating between content on your website is simple and easy.
I hope that the tips mentioned above will help you in improving your rank on Google. If I summarize my entire article in one sentence, the key take away from this article would be to create content that people like, enjoy and love to read. By the end of the day Google’s job is to show high quality and relevant content to its users, if you can do that Google will definitely rank you higher. Creating good quality content will help you build your brand in the long run and you will keep reaping the benefits of it for a very long time.
Thank you and best of luck 🙂