Facebook Subscription Messaging Policy Change
On August 29th, 2019 Facebook issued a major change to their subscription messaging service. Only Pages that are registered with the Facebook News Page Index (NPI) will be allowed to send non-promotional subscription messages.
Subscription messages are non-promotional messages sent outside the 24-hour standard messaging window. Subscription messaging applies to news content only according the new policy, and must not be used for promotional content, including but not limited to subscription offers, deals, coupons, discounts or content produced by or that promotes a third party (e.g., branded content, affiliate marketing).
Under the New Facebook’s Messenger Platform Policy, subscription messaging is available for Pages registered under the Facebook News Page Index (NPI). It is highly recommended that relevant pages should submit their application to Facebook immediately to register with the News Page Index to allow sufficient time for review and approval before the new policies go into effect.
How Can You Request For Subscription Messaging Permission?
Follow the below steps to apply for Subscription Messaging Permission for any page. You must be an admin of the page in order to apply for the permission:
- Go to Business Settings
- In the side bar menu, look for ‘News Pages’ under ‘Registrations’
- Publishers who submit their news Pages need to confirm domain ownership and identity, and follow Facebook’s Community Standards. In order to be eligible for inclusion in the news Page index, Pages must be active in the last 90 days and must link to a functioning website with a verified domain.
- You can also give Facebook additional information about your publications. Facebook will display the additional information in the context button, and it will help people better assess the stories they see on news feed
This process can take a few weeks, and Facebook will notify you when it’s complete. But pay special attention to your message subscription message application if you don’t want to get rejected by the Facebook Community.
Facebook expects publishers to submit news Pages that:
- Primarily create journalism that reports on current events or timely information, and that is not parody or satire
- Cite sources for published facts or information
- Provide transparent information about reporters and editorial staff
- Include dates/timestamps on published content
- Primarily publish content that is not user-generated or aggregated from other websites
There is no limit to the number of times you can apply for Subscription Messaging. If you fail in your first attempt, you have another chance to improve your form and get approval from Facebook.
For any further information, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org