What are sponsored messages ?
Sponsored messages are a powerful tool for re-targeting. They allow you to reengage with the audience that you’ve had a past conversation with regardless of the 24-hour standard messaging window.
These are the messages that you pay for and they are sent out to everyone who has ever messaged your page. They are an easy and effective way to reconnect with subscribers and open up the 24-hour window, nurture relationships by providing relevant updates and promotions, and send users into specific flows in your chatbot.
How does sponsored broadcast work?
It is important to remember that sponsored messages can only be sent to users that have messaged your chatbot in the past. They appear with push notifications and are delivered right to your subscribers’ Messenger inbox.
- Sponsored Broadcast is basically an integration of Facebook Sponsored Messages into Kibopush, therefore an active Facebook Ad Account with a valid payment method is needed to create a message.
- Payment method can be added in Ad Account Settings on Facebook.
- Facebook requires you to be an Admin of the Facebook Page on behalf of which you publish a Sponsored Broadcast.
- Pricing for a sponsored broadcast would be different depending on the local ad market prices of the country you’re serving ads in.
- KiboPush has no charges for you to use sponsored broadcast feature. All charges are made by Facebook on impression basis(learn more here).
- Ad Campaigns and Ad Sets created using Ads Manager are accessible in KiboPush while creating a sponsored Broadcast.
How to create and send Sponsored Broadcast?
There are 4 basic high level steps that we perform to create and publish a sponsored broadcast
- Select the Ad Account from which sponsored message will be created
- Select an existing Ad campaign or create a new one.
- Create a new Ad Set by specifying Ad targeting and budget or select an existing ad set
- Create the Ad message and publish ad.
Follow the steps below to create a sponsored broadcast from KiboPush
- Go to ‘Broadcasting’ > Sponsored Broadcast.
- Click on ‘+Create New’ to start creating sponsored broadcast
- First you will be prompted to select the page for which you want to create the broadcast. Select page and move ahead
- The first step is to select an Ad Account from which you want to send sponsored broadcast and click on Next.
- The second step is to set an Ad Campaign. You can create a new Ad Campaign or select an existing one
- The third step is to set up an Ad Set. Select an existing Ad Set or create a new once. For a new Ad Set specify Ad Set Name, targeting and budget
- In the last step create the Ad message. Message can consist of Text Only or Text & Image. You can add Quick Replies or buttons to your message and select action to send users into specific flows in your bot.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save the progress of your Ad. If you are ready to publish this to Facebook, click on Publish.
- You can also schedule this sponsored broadcast to published at a later date. So, whatever time you set, it will be published at that time.
- Track your Ad status from the Sponsored broadcast dashboard Or Ads Manager
Note: For ad accounts with PKR currency, the lowest bid amount that can be set is Rs. 4000. Any amount less than this will throw “low bid amount” message.