Chat Bot Automation
Chat bot Automation is a KiboChat feature which can help you make feature rich chat bots in a matter of minutes. You don’t need to be a programmer to create a robust navigational chat bot on messenger. You can create any type of chat bot on your page, whether it is video chat bot or commerce chat bot.
How to create a chat bot on KiboChat?
- Go to kibochat.cloudkibo.com
- Click on ‘Chatbot Automation’ inside ‘Automation’ in main menu
- You can either create a new chatbot or modify an existing one. Let’s create a new chatbot by selecting the page on which we want to deploy the chatbot.
- You will arrive on a new page with welcome message screen. Here you can setup what will be the first message sent to your subscribers when they interact with this chatbot. You can define text message, an attachment (video, image, Facebook video link, Youtube video link, or any website link) or both.
- We can upload videos, or we can use Youtube videos by copying their links or we can add Facebook videos as well. On Youtube videos, if they are less than 25 MB, they will play inside the Messenger else they will be sent as a card and you will have to define a button under the attachment section which will take them to Youtube to watch that video. Facebook video has no such limit and no matter how big they are they will always plays inside the Messenger.
By Facebook video, we mean any video shared on Facebook publicly. Facebook video URL must be of following types and you should not share the URL of any live video, this will go as card component:
Facebook Page Video URL: https://business.facebook.com/<PAGE_NAME>/videos/<NUMERIC_ID>
Facebook User Video URL: https://www.facebook.com/<USERNAME>/videos/<NUMERIC_ID>/
- The triggers are a set of messages which when sent by subscribers to our page will trigger bot and the linked blocked will be sent.
You can define your triggers or leave it empty so that bot will only be triggered for those subscribers who come to our page for first time and interact by clicking on Get Started button on our Page Messenger.
- Once you have entered trigger values, text or attachment. Click on Save Changes
- Click on ‘Add Child’ to create a child block.
- Click on the Child name from left side to make changes in this block. Enter triggers, text or attachment
- Click on Back button to include a quick reply ‘Back’ that navigates to the parent block in messenger.
- Click on Home button to include a quick reply ‘Home’ that navigates to the welcome message block in messenger. This will re-initate the chatbot.
- To go back to the parent element click on the arrow below
- The progress bar shows how much chatbot has been completed i.e. all the blocks that have been saved.
- If there are empty blocks, the number will show up in the side bar on lower left corner. Clcking on the ‘Fix’ link will take you to the empty block that needs to be completed.
- You can view the tree structure by clicking on the icon below. Click on a tree item to navigate to the block
- You can delete any block and its child(ren) by clicking on the Delete button
- Click on the icon below to test chatbot. It is recommended that you test chatbot before publishing. Clicking on Test button will ask your permission to send a message to your Messenger. Click on the Send to Messenger button.
- Click on the icon below to publish chatbot.
- To view Chatbot analytics, click on the analytics icon.
- Once you have created and completed some blocks in your chatbot, you can test it. Try writing a trigger message and send it to bot from Messenger. It should send you the linked block. Link to child blocks will appear as quick replies.
- Click on the quick reply to view the block content.
Congratulations you just tried your first chatbot. You can see how easy it was to create the bot. Please go on and explore the feature further and try expanding your bot. You can create bot for any industry or for any vertical.