Chat Bot Automation
Chat bot Automation is a KiboChat feature which can help you make feature rich chat bots in a matter of minutes. You don’t need to be a programmer to create a robust navigational chat bot on messenger. You can create any type of chat bot on your page, whether it is video chat bot or commerce chat bot.
How to create a chat bot on KiboChat?
- Go to kibochat.cloudkibo.com
- Click on ‘Chatbot Automation’ inside ‘Automation’ in main menu
- You can either create a new chatbot or modify an existing one. Let’s create a new chatbot by selecting the page on which we want to deploy the chatbot.
- You will arrive on a new page with welcome message screen. Here you can setup what will be the first message sent to your subscribers when they interact with this chatbot. You can define text message, an attachment (video, image, Facebook video link, Youtube video link, or any website link) and quick replies buttons under “More Options” sections. These buttons when clicked will trigger the next message from the chatbot. This is how the users will be able to navigate through our chatbot. The triggers are a set of messages which when sent by subscribers to our page will trigger our bot and the first welcome message will be sent. You can define your triggers or leave it empty so that bot will only be triggered for those subscribers who come to our page for first time and interact by clicking on Get Started button on our Page Messenger.
- There are two buttons on the top “Disable” and “Test”. You can click on the Test button and it will send the message from chatbot to your Messenger account so that you can see how the message looks like in inbox. The “Disable” button is a toggle button. By default, it will be “Publish” button. But when you have completed the work on the chatbot, then you will click on Publish button so that bot is live for subscribers. Once published, this button will be shown as “Disable”. Now you can press it to unpublish your bot.
You can see in above screenshot that we have already defined our welcome message with three buttons under More Options. When you click on save button, you will be able to see three new message blocks on the left menu. As it is easy to understand, all the navigation of the bot is based on message blocks and we can navigate through message blocks with help of More Options buttons. Let’s save our welcome message by clicking on Save button.
- Let’s go to our next message block called Oil Painting. Fill some text and attach any painting image by uploading it. You can see the Attach Button option will appear under attachments section. You can attach button to attachment such as Visit Us or Buy now and these buttons will take customer to your desired URL. Let’s add one button:
- Click on Save button to save this message block now. Remember to keep saving your message blocks when you do any change in them.
- Let’s go to our next message block and add video in it as attachment. We can upload videos, or we can use Youtube videos by copying their links or we can add Facebook videos as well. On Youtube videos, if they are less than 25 MB, they will play inside the Messenger else they will be sent as a card and you will have to define a button under the attachment section which will take them to Youtube to watch that video. Facebook video has no such limit and no matter how big they are they will always plays inside the Messenger. By Facebook video, we mean any video shared on Facebook publicly. Facebook video URL must be of following types and you should not share the URL of any live video, this will go as card component:
Facebook Page Video URL: https://business.facebook.com/<PAGE_NAME>/videos/<NUMERIC_ID>
Facebook User Video URL: https://www.facebook.com/<USERNAME>/videos/<NUMERIC_ID>/
- In our example, we have added a Youtube video as attachment. Let’s do this and save the block.
- Now let’s click on Test button and see our bot working in Messenger. Clicking on Test button will ask your permission to send a message to your Messenger. Click on the Send to Messenger button.
- You will receive the welcome message on your Messenger.
- Let’s click on “covid info” button and get the next message block.
- Congratulations. You have created your first bot. Now that you have reached the last block of your bot. Try writing a trigger message and send it to bot from Messenger, it should send you welcome message again. Also, you can notice that on the last message block, it is not showing us any buttons, it is because we did not add any quick replies buttons. As a best practice, always add at least one button “Home” or “Start Over” button to each of your message block so that if user wants to go back to first welcome message he can easily do that. In this way, your bot will be completely navigational and user will not get stuck on any state.
- You can see the backup button in our UI. This lets create backup of your bot at any state and then you can restore the previous backed up version at any time in future. Let’s create one backup now. Click on backup button. Following screen will appear.
- Click on Create backup now. A backup of the current state of bot will be created for you. Let’s add new message blocks and do some changes in your blocks. Save them. Now click on backup again. It will show you your last backup and option either create new backup or restore the existing one.
- This will restore your bot to previous saved state. You can publish your bot now if not done already.
Congratulations, you have just learned how to create a rich chatbot on Messenger without any coding. You can see how easy it was to create the bot. Please go on and explore the feature further and try expanding your bot. You can create bot for any industry or for any vertical.