With our new feature, ‘Twilio SMS’, you can broadcast messages to phone Numbers. For this, you will need to have a paid Twilio account (a free account can also be used, but with limitations which will be discussed at the bottom of this page). You can make this account using this website: https://www.twilio.com/. Once you have made the account, you can follow the steps given below:
How to connect Twilio to KiboPush?
- If you are a new to KiboPush, open https://www.kiboengage.com. Fill required fields and signup. You will land on this screen. Here you can connect your twilio account with KiboPush.
Click on connect.
Enter your twilio credentials and click on submit.
You can find your twilio credentials from your twilio console.
Click on continue to land on our dashboard.
2. If you already have an account with KiboPush, simply login and go to the settings from sidebar.
Click on Configuration.
Click on Connect.
Enter your Twilio credentials and click on Submit.
3. Now change the platform to SMS from the header. You will see that the sidebar has changed.
How to connect upload Contacts?
- Let’s see how you can upload contacts. These are contacts to whom your broadcasts would be sent. Click on upload contacts from the sidebar:
- You can upload contacts by entering the numbers manually or uploading csv file(s) containing all the numbers. You can do this multiple times and it will continue to add to your list of contacts to upload:
- If you upload a csv file, it must contain columns for names and numbers. Choose the column for name and number and click on save:
- You will be presented with a list of valid and invalid records:
- You can edit any record by clicking on the edit icon:
- You can delete any record by clicking on the delete icon:
- Once you have fixed or removed all the invalid records, click on submit. You will be presented with the following screen:
- You can save contacts in different lists. This allows easier segmentation on these contacts. You can save to an existing list by selecting the first option and then selecting the existing list in which you wish to add the contacts. By default, all contacts are saved to the “Master” list:
- You can save to a new list by selecting the second option and then specify the list name:
- Click on confirm to save the list
- You can view these contacts in the subscribers screen. From here you can filter and search for different subscribers and even change their names by click on the edit icon in their record:
How to send Broadcasts?
- Login to https://kiboengage.cloudkibo.com
- Click on broadcasting from the sidebar and then click on broadcasts.
- Click on Create New.
- Select your twilio number from which you want to send the broadcast to the subscribers and click on create new broadcast.
- Enter the title and message of the broadcast:
- You can optionally select segmentation. This allows you to send to a subset of your subscribers:
- Basic segmentation allows you to specify conditions based on subscriber’s name or number:
- Subscriber Lists allows you to send this broadcast to subscribers contained in the selected lists:
How to chat with Subscribers?
Whenever a subscriber sends a message to your twilio number, that message can be viewed in our Live Chat.
- Login to https://kibochat.cloudkibo.com
- Make sure SMS platform is selected:
- Click on Live Chat from the side bar:
- Click on a subscriber to view its chat. The chat contains all the messages that you have received on your Twilio number.
- You can also send message from here. Just enter the message and press “Enter”:
- You can assign a chat to an agent or team:
- You can remove or add a pending flag to a chat to indicate some action or response is still pending:
- You can search for words within a chat session:
- You can resolve a session to indicate that no other action is needed (You can also re-opoen the chat later if need be):
- You can also search and filter for different sessions:
- You can navigate through open and close sessions:
Limitations with Free Twilio Account:
- You need to verify the phone numbers in order to send messages to that number.
- Sms is sent from different number (e.g. 56789) and subscriber will send message to different Twilio number (i.e. +1 334-539-0810).
How to verify a number (necessary for free accounts only):
- Go to your Twilio account dashboard and click on the ‘…’ from the sidebar:
- Click on ‘Phone Numbers’:
- Click on ‘Verified Caller Ids’:
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to add a new phone number:
- Enter the phone number. A call or sms will be sent to the number. Enter the code received on the number to verify the number: